Sunday, December 16, 2012

Starting from the end


  My last few weeks in WV went by as if nothing was that much different (other than a small farewell dinner graciously held by Walt and Shelly). I was working at CJ's, helping out at Gma's office, it was almost as if the day that Dad would drop me off at the airport wouldn't come at all. Granted it was only a plane to Boston, but still....

   Anyway, as I arrived at the Boston Airport I was welcomed with a steaming box of pizza! <3 (lol notice a reoccurring theme here?) My stay in NH was short but fun. I got to see Smudge (aka Dreama), tour a bit of NH and get some local food. All in all, it was a nice, quiet respite--- except for the fact the apartment was FREEZING! I wore three layers constantly throughout the day until enough was enough and I finally winterized the windows! Once comfort was restored, I began repacking all my luggage due to the more stringent international baggage size and weight regulations (basically I swapped my large suitcase for Kiba's mid-sized one and redistributed all the weight to match the new requirements). With that I settled I got a farewell USA meal (of course it was McDonalds!!!) and headed off to the airport!

   Unintentionally that ended up being my very last meal in America. I was so err... "excited" (stressed!!) that I didn't eat until I was flying over the Pacific. I was most worried about the Los Angeles airport because I didn't have a ticket in hand for my "connecting flight." The result of using a cheap multi-airline combo ticket, which I've never done before and it seemed kinda sketch. Upon my arrival in the CA airport, I was directed to the "STOP! NO RE-ENTRY!" exit..... o.o;;; I asked several people, several times to make 100% sure that was for sure where I needed to go. Again... seemed kinda sketch.

   After what seemed like a 20min walk I finally found the international flight area of the airport. I got checked in, ticket secured, and attempted to ascertain if my checked luggage was still... checked? I mean I didn't have true "connecting ticket"... sooo? The clerk assured me it would be alright, but I still wasn't so sure. Well, you see while I was the the Boston Airport the luggage attendant was too busy to thoroughly check the international baggage fee agreement... so I got both checked for free (*cough*suposedtobe$70*cough*). As I walked away from the counter in CA, I crossed my fingers, did TSA all over again, and boarded the plane; hoping more than knowing that my luggage was coming along with me for the ride.

=P Well, it's getting pretty late and I still haven't even put away the leftovers from dinner, so ttyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment